Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Latest Kioxia SSDs Achieve PCIe® 5.0 and NVMe™ 2.0 Compliance Certification
KIOXIA CM7 Series and KIOXIA CD8P Series NVMe Drives Deliver High Performance and Reliability for Enterprise and Data Centers
- December 19, 2023
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – Kioxia Corporation, a world leader in memory solutions, today announced that its KIOXIA CM7 Series and KIOXIA CD8P Series NVM Express™ (NVMe™) SSDs have passed certification testing for PCI Express® (PCIe®) 5.0 and NVMe 2.0 specification compliance.
Developed by PCI-SIG®, the PCIe 5.0 standard is an upgrade that enables twice the data transfer speed and bandwidth versus the PCIe 4.0 specification. PCIe 5.0 tests were conducted at PCI-SIG compliance workshops against PCI-SIG maintained systems, along with other leading manufacturers of PCIe products.
KIOXIA CM7 Series and KIOXIA CD8P Series drives can now be found on the PCI-SIG Integrator's List. Achieving compliance certification during these workshops provides users with confidence that Kioxia drives meet the rigorous PCIe 5.0 requirements.
Also, KIOXIA CM7 Series and KIOXIA CD8P Series drives have been added to the University of New Hampshire InterOperability Laboratory's (UNH-IOL) official Integrator's List. In order to be considered for inclusion on the list, technologies must undergo conformance testing performed by the UNH-IOL through laboratory tests or during an NVMe plugfest. Successful completion of this testing provides a reasonable level of confidence that the product being tested will function properly in NVMe enabled systems and NVM Express over Fabrics (NVMe-oF™) environments.
KIOXIA CM7 Series Enterprise SSDs are available in 2.5-inch and E3.S form factors in read-intensive and mixed-use endurances, with capacities up to 30.72 terabytes (TB) (2.5-inch only). KIOXIA CD8P Series Data Center SSDs come in 2.5-inch and E3.S form factors in read-intensive and mixed-use endurances, with capacities up to 30.72 TB (2.5-inch only).
- Definition of capacity: KIOXIA Corporation defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 2^30 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and 1TB = 2^40 bytes = 1,099,511,627,776 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- Read and write speed may vary depending on various factors such as host devices, software (drivers, OS etc.), and read/write conditions.
- NVM Express, NVMe and NVMe-oF are registered or unregistered marks of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- PCI-SIG, PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
- University of New Hampshire is a trademark of University of New Hampshire.
- Other company names, product names and service names may be trademarks of third-party companies.
Kioxia is a world leader in memory solutions, dedicated to the development, production and sale of flash memory and solid-state drives (SSDs). In April 2017, its predecessor Toshiba Memory was spun off from Toshiba Corporation, the company that invented NAND flash memory in 1987. Kioxia is committed to uplifting the world with “memory” by offering products, services and systems that create choice for customers and memory-based value for society. Kioxia's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
Global Sales Offices
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.