Please select your location and preferred language where available.
Kioxia to Showcase New Consumer SSDs Delivering PCIe® 4.0 Performance at COMPUTEX
Reference Exhibit to Feature Sequential Read Speed of around 5,000 MB/s for High Performance Gaming PCs, Desktops and Notebooks
- May 25, 2023
- Kioxia Corporation
Tokyo – Kioxia Corporation, a world leader in memory solutions, today announced new consumer SSDs scheduled to be released in the third quarter of 2023. The EXCERIA PLUS G3 Series will leverage PCIe® 4.0 technology and offer up to 2 terabytes (TB) of capacity. The new series is well-suited to mainstream users of high performance gaming PCs, desktops and notebooks, bringing the speed and affordability that they require. The EXCERIA PLUS G3 Series, which is a product under development, will be on reference exhibit at COMPUTEX TAIPEI from May 30 to June 2 at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center.
Featuring Kioxia’s BiCS FLASH™ 3D flash memory TLC (Triple-Level-Cell), the EXCERIA PLUS G3 Series utilizes an M.2 2280 type single-sided form factor suitable for both desktops and mobile systems. The new drives will also support Kioxia’s SSD Utility Management Software, which assists users with SSD monitoring and maintenance.
EXCERIA PLUS G3 Series highlights include:
- Utilizes PCIe® 4.0 and NVMe™ 1.4 technology
- Delivers around 5,000 Megabytes per second (MB/s) max sequential read speed (Preliminary)
- Single-sided M.2 2280 form factor
- Delivers up to approximately 70% more power efficiency at max sequential read speed over the previous generation EXCERIA PLUS G2 Series (Preliminary)
- Read and write speed may vary depending on various factors such as host devices, software (drivers, OS etc.), and read/write conditions.
- Based on Kioxia research (as of May 25, 2023). These values are the best read out speed per power consumption obtained in a specific test environment at Kioxia Corporation.
- Definition of capacity: Kioxia defines a megabyte (MB) as 1,000,000 bytes, a gigabyte (GB) as 1,000,000,000 bytes and a terabyte (TB) as 1,000,000,000,000 bytes. A computer operating system, however, reports storage capacity using powers of 2 for the definition of 1GB = 230 bytes = 1,073,741,824 bytes and therefore shows less storage capacity. Available storage capacity (including examples of various media files) will vary based on file size, formatting, settings, software and operating system, such as Microsoft Operating System and/or pre-installed software applications, or media content. Actual formatted capacity may vary.
- The line up of personal product vary by country and region.
- Product images may differ from actual product.
- PCIe is a registered trademark of PCI-SIG.
- NVMe is a registered or unregistered mark of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Other company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of third-party companies.
- Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.
Kioxia is a world leader in memory solutions, dedicated to the development, production and sale of flash memory and solid-state drives (SSDs). In April 2017, its predecessor Toshiba Memory was spun off from Toshiba Corporation, the company that invented NAND flash memory in 1987. Kioxia is committed to uplifting the world with “memory” by offering products, services and systems that create choice for customers and memory-based value for society. Kioxia's innovative 3D flash memory technology, BiCS FLASH™, is shaping the future of storage in high-density applications, including advanced smartphones, PCs, SSDs, automotive and data centers.
Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is correct on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.